Updates on Progress

Update 6/24/11
I've received payments for about 1/3 of my orders as of this morning. So far my profits are $130.00! Thanks so much everyone for your support.

We are going to purchase the lights and wiring this weekend and I'm going today to look at flooring. We were going to go with foam floor tiles, but since the OT and PT recommended the gymnastic floor mats anyway, we're just going to do carpet or vinyl on the floor. The building has a particle board floor, so not barefoot friendly. I hope we can find a great deal at the remnant shop in town.

Update 6/25/11
I went to the Remnant and Rug shop in town yesterday. I told the guy what I was looking for and he found a carpet remnant that was almost perfect. It's 2" too short, but we can make it work. He told me the price was $135. I asked him to hold it and told him about the fundraiser I was doing. I said I wanted to look at the vinyl remnants and while I was looking he came up and said he could do the carpet for $115. That puts it within my budget. So, I asked them to hold the piece for me

I also stopped back by Walmart to look at the specs on the window unit. It turns out that the $99 one I was looking at won't be large enough to cool the room sufficiently. It is for a room 100-150 sq. ft. My room is 196 sq. ft. So, I looked around and did find another one. I've got to check the dimension with my window but I think it'll fit. But that raises my price to $155 (plus tax) on the window unit. No big deal. I have such great support that I think I'll be able to continue to raise money and I'll have enough for it.

I'm going to spend the day cleaning out the building now. Getting the stuff out that I thought I absolutely needed but once it was in there I never used. And taking Joe's hunting stuff and putting it into his archery shop. Then I can plan out how I'll set the room up. Hopefully we can get it wired next week.

UPDATE 7/5/11

I've raised $450 for the therapy room and received $140 in donations! Thanks to everyone for the support. The elctrical stuff was completed on July 1. Joe and Preston completed that phase. Today I headed to Lowe's armed with my 10% off coupon and purchased 6 rolls of insulation (limited space in my vehicle), a gallon of primer and an electric staple gun and staples. My little sister and I (with help from Alyssa and Trinity) got all 6 rolls of the insulation put up. We'll need 2 more rolls to complete the room.
I found an alternative to drywall. There was a nice looking wood paneling at Lowe's that was priced at 9.97/sheet (8x4). So, although the cost is slightly more, the labor involved will be less. I am not skilled in mudding drywall, and there is a risk of getting bubbles and messing it up so I feel better about this.
My little brother will go by Lowe's (armed with another 10% coupon) and purchase the other 2 rolls of insulation along with the paneling and the nails and glue. Tomorrow we should have the room prepped and ready for the carpet!